PATRICK A. PALACE is the owner of Palace Law and Palace Personal Injury Law Group. Palace Law is workers’ compensation firm and Palace Personal Injury Law Group is a firm dedicated to personal injury matters. He is and has been a partner in a number of joint ventures with tech companies developing new tools for lawyers.
Patrick was the President of the Washington State Bar Association (WSBA) 2013-2014. He is a member of the National Conference of Bar Presidents (NCBP)(2014-present) that prepares and trains Bar leadership nationwide. He recently completed terms serving on the NCBP Executive Counsel 2018-2020. He also Chaired the 21st Century Lawyer NCBP committee which produces monthly national webinars for bar leaders.
He currently serves on the ABA Center for Innovation Board and on the Data Standards Committee which is tasked with creating the standards by which legal innovation shall be measured.
In the Washington Bar he chaired the WSBA Future of the Profession Committee 2013-2015. Additionally, he served on the WSBA Board of Governors from 2008 – 2011, the Washington Association of Justice Board of Governors for 9 years and was WSBA Treasurer 2010-2011.
Patrick has presented at the Clio Cloud Conference, AVVOs Lawyernomics, the ABA TechShow, NCBP Annual and Midyear Conventions, and regularly presents at webinars and seminars at the local, state and national levels.
He has been interviewed on podcasts by Bob Ambrogi, the Lawyerist, Lawsome, Clienting, The Paralegal Voice, multiple podcasts on Legal Talk Network’s “On the Road”, Jeena Cho’s “The Resilient Lawyer”, and “Two Men and a Mic” podcast and more. He has aired on over 60 podcasts. He regularly writes for legal publications including ABA GPSolo Magazine, NW Lawyer, and other magazines.
Since 2001, Palace Law has been chosen by Law and Politics Magazine as a “Super Lawyer”. Patrick was the first recipient of the “Service to the Legal Profession Award”, selected by the Lawfirm 500 as one of the top 100 firms nationwide for its growth and innovation and by the “National Trial Lawyers” as one of the Nation’s Top 100 trial lawyers. He was also named as one of the “Top Attorneys in Washington.”
Patrick produced and moderated two television programs: “The Peoples Law School” and “LawTalk”. These programs provide consumers with information about our legal system and their rights and remedies. Thirty-three programs were produced.
Patrick is a dedicated practitioner of yoga. He writes about mindfulness and speaks nationally of the topics regarding the future of the legal profession, data metrics, the state of legal regulation, practice management, and life balance
Finally, in 2015, Patrick opened a winery, Sunken Cellars, whose vintages include Cabernet Sauvignon, Albariño and an Italian red blend (“Tesoro Rosso).
Patrick is also a proud father who has a tendency to listen to his music (while drinking wine, and sometimes practicing yoga) louder than his three non-rocker children would like.
Email: [email protected]
Washington State Bar Association
- 2014 – 2015, Immediate Past President
- 2013 – Sept. 2014, President of the Washington State Bar Association
- 2012 – Sept. 2013, President-Elect of the Washington State Bar Association
- 2010 – 2011, WSBA Treasurer
- 2008 – 2011, WSBA Board of Governors Representative for the 6th Congressional District.
- 2013 – 2015, Chair – Future of the Profession Committee.
- 2014 – 2015, WSBA Awards Committee
- 2013 – 2014, Chair – BOG Governance Workgroup
- 2013 – 2014, Member of the Following WSBA Committees
- Board of Governors Legislative Committee
- Budget and Audit Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Awards Committee
- 2013 – 2014, Liaison to the Board of Judicial Administration
- 2012 – 2013, Chair – Committee on Committees
- 2010 – 2011, Chair – WSBA Budget and Audit Committee
- 2011 – 2012, Chair- WSBA Health Insurance Workgroup
- 1992 – Present, WSBA Member
ABA Center for Innovation
- 2020 – 2021, Member of the Board
American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2019-Current, Legal Services Design Project: Innovation Committee
American Bar Association
- 2018-Present, GPSolo Magazine Board Member
- 2018 – Present, GPSolo Magazine Technology Editor
- 2019 – Present, GPSolo Magazine eReport Board Member
- 2018-Present, ABA Pro Bono and Public Service Standing Committee Member
Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- 1991, Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- 1988, University of Washington, BBA, International Business
- The Information – Leading from Within
Becoming A Small-Business Technology Superhero
- Authority Magazine – The Business Side Of Law: Patrick Palace of Palace Law On 5 Things You Need To Create Or Lead A Successful Law Firm